[Sderby] Linux on a laptop.

Graham Hamblin graham at hamblin24.f9.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 13:33:05 GMT 2004

On Friday 27 Feb 2004 12:32 pm, Gordon Mitchell wrote:
> Hi  Graham
>
> I had a similar problem with a P133 desktop system, it would not boot
> from the cd's for SuSE, redhat, slackware etc.  However it would
> happly boot from cd's of DamSmallLinux and Morphix Light Gui.  Both
> are meant to run from the CD but can be installed to the harddisk.  I
> tried both but settled for Morphix.
>
> Gordon

Hi Gordon

Thanks for the reply.   I have the SuSE 9 evaluation copy from LXF which
I recall boots from the cddrive and runs putting minimal files on the
HD.   I ran in on the desktop with Linux installed but am not sure if
it can be run after bboting Windows.   I will have a play.

The bios on the laptop cannot be configured to boot from the CD.   I
will consider the options you suggest but I have a feeling the problem
may be something to do with the HD recognition.

Cheers
Graham

--
Graham Hamblin