[Sderby] perl question

Gareth gareth at bim7.com
Wed Jan 14 23:22:35 GMT 2004

Hi Guys

I've got a log file from MMDF, and I need to convert the time and date part
of each entry to something readable!

the format is like....

1074116680.910    193.129.29.1    Some text

I found Perl can convert the time by using.... print ctime(1074116680.910),
but I need to make a script to read the logfile and the 700 entries,
outputting to a new file with a nice readable date and time, but keeping the
other two bits of information, IP address and message intact.

Has anyone done something similar? Any tips much appreciated.

Gareth