[Sderby] Debian

roger.shone at btinternet.com roger.shone at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 17 18:18:07 GMT 2004

Hi,

Anyone out there running debian at present?
I've just upgraded my pc and rather than reinstall fedora core, thought I'd try the latest debian cd's (7 in total - taken the best part of all day to download). This will sit alongside windows xp - this needed a third party driver for the hard disk controller to boot.

My issue is that debian doesn't find the hard disk (serial ata drive) and consequently won't install - does anyone have any ideas? I've trawled through the debian site but can't find anything specific.

Thanks,

Roger