[Sderby] Debian

Christopher Gavin gubbs at fudo.org
Sat Jan 17 18:49:54 GMT 2004

Sorry missed the part about the ATA controller .. was still in shock.
_7_ cd's? What sort of connection do you have? lol.

Debian is the same as every other Linux distribution on the planet - it
uses a Linux Kernel. The Linux Kernel controls what hardware works and
what doesnt, it provides the device drivers. All you need to do is sort
out the software.

In this case .. what version of kernel does the release of debian you
are using come with? Often Debian is behind the current times.

If you're machine is > 1 ghz I'd reccommend _not_ using Debian at all.
Gentoo is a much easier, much more versatile solution for experienced
users on Desktop machines.

G.