[Sderby] Linux and webcam compatibilty

James Gibbon james.gibbon at virgin.net
Sat Jan 24 16:14:47 GMT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:59:49 +0000 (GMT)
"Daniel S. Kennedy" <spiritchasergreywulf at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Probably a bit of a silly question, but does anyone know if there are any
> webcams out there that are compatible with Linux?

Logitech Quickcam works OK under Mandrake 9.1 & 9.2.

> If so, which IM proggies will they work with?

No Linux IM prog that I know of will use a webcam, bar gnome-meeting (which my
Quickcam works with very happily).  Let you know if you know of another
one (neither kmess nor amsn are webcam-friendly).

Cheers
James