[Sderby] Fwd: New to linux

Dominic Knight dom at overseal.uklinux.net
Sat Mar 27 11:40:22 GMT 2004

Subject: New to linux
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:11:10 +0000
From: Christopher_Carter/UK-Europe/3M/US at mmm.com
To: lugmaster at sderby.lug.org.uk

Hello, I am about to re-install Windows 98 on my  600MHz P3 Dell
 with 20GB HD. It seems that Linux might give me more life out of
 this old machine? I am therefore interested in partitioning the
 drive for a dual boot system and putting a flavour of Linux on but
 I do not know which one to choose. Do you have meetings where I can
 talk to experienced users of Linux for advice?

Are there anti-virus programmes available for Linux?

Thank you for your time and best regards,

Christopher J Carter