[Sderby] iso help

Pete & Cathy petegavin at tesco.net
Fri May 7 00:24:13 BST 2004

L Wright wrote:

> I while back I installed suse 8.2 pro on my pc, but it was unstable so
> I decided to download the boot.iso file from suse so I could upgrade
> to 9.1 to see if that works. I verified the checksum using md5summer,
> burnt the disk with nero but when I try to boot I get "ISOLINUX 2.06
> ...isolinux:Image checksum error...sorry". I have tried creating disks
> for Redhat, mandrake,dynebolic and knoppix and I get the same error
> with each. I realise that this is something wrong with the burn
> process but I am at a a loss as to what.
> I am using Nero 5.5.7.2, plextor cd burner and Windows XP Pro. I have
> also tried fireburner but get the same result. If anyone could point
> me in the right direction it would be great.
> Thanks

> Join us on IRC: irc.lug.org.uk #sderby

Windows XP?.............how quaint ;-)

but seriously why not pop into W H Smiths, they have one of the various
linux magazines with the latest version of Suse attached to the front
cover. Or maybe you fancy Mandrake 10 on DVD which is on another magazine.

The Mandrake 10 distro comes complete with KDE 3.2 as well as the
excellent Cd/DVD burning software K3B which I find better than Nero.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for but I hope it helps.

regards, Peter.