[Sderby] Printers and Linux

Dave Coulson david.coulson6 at btopenworld.com
Fri Nov 19 15:58:08 GMT 2004

Thanks to all who considered my problem. It seems as if upgrading is the
best way to recognise my printer, but to what distro. Someone mentioned
Gentoo and I had a quick look at the site, but what is the general
opinion and how close to the traditional Linux is it. I would hate to
have to use lots of packages and scripts which would not be recognised
in other distro's. Maybe its better to stick with Slackware and the
likes. All opinions welcome!

Cheers Dave Coulson
P.S Sorry Dominic, I seem to be giving in at last!!!!!!