[Sderby] dual booting

Pete&Cathy petegavin at tesco.net
Mon Nov 22 20:01:00 GMT 2004

Hi Colin,

You need to be aware of a bug in the kernel of some issues of 9.1. I tried to
install 9.1 personal which went fine until i rebooted!!!!!!!!!! no WINDOWS
option (some might say this is a good thing ;-) . Windows was still there but
i could not boot to it until i removed suse and re-installed mandrake. I've
since installed the professional version from linux magazine and all is now
fine. The problem is to do with hard drive recognition. If you get this
problem you need to change your bios settings to ensure your drive is set to
LBA mode rather than the normal auto option.

After using suse for about 3 weeks i'm very happy with it and look forward to
9.2

Regards, Pete

p.s. welcome to linux.......................your going to have fun!

p.p.s. if your not sure which distro to try..............try them all,