[Sderby] (no subject)

simon lewsley simon at intecomp.com
Tue Nov 23 17:29:13 GMT 2004

David are you on commission from Novel? If not then maybe u should start

talking contracts and your giving away more copies than any uk mirror
heheh.

Plus to the dude asking about which Dist to use (I know im late here but
hey whats new),  mandrake and suse are sh*t hot for getting u into
action ASAP having linux goodness on ur beast of a machine, gentoo is a
bit of a f**ker to install and makes it hard work, (im sure u can see
the point coming across now)  therefore u  are forced to learn a lot
from just the install IE networking samba, portage, nano, how the kernel
is compiled, setting var's and making ur system tuned to ur machine,
again it's a ball ache and not everyones idea of fun spending 2 days
installing a OS but if u think the rewards out weight the effort then go
for a bitch of an install dist.

Oh on another matter what happened to ppl learning C? as I was
interested in that and heard sod all.

OHHHHH and on the drinkgin front the plan for Xmas is as follows

Turn up at Bab for 5pm and start drinking, (maybe a few other pubs
first) then head up to international for 730, once we are all suitable
fat and davidb has put on his red suit and had nice girls sittin on his
lap we need to go to a club, going by the ppl that are going im
suggesting the blue note / Zanzibar / supanova    have a think about
where u wanna go and yes that includes u alllllll INC allan, yes no
going home to ur misses until ya drunk.

Later ppl

Simon (aka Darth)

PS   ppl still need to cough up money for xmas :P