[Sderby] Stuff for disposal

James Tait james.tait at wyrddreams.org
Wed Sep 22 13:18:39 BST 2004

Hi all,

For my birthday, my missus (who doesn't like me spending too much time on
my computer) usually buys me something for my computer.  This year, it
was a new desk, as the old one was rather rickety and nowhere near big
enough for everything I need to put on it.  Cue several hours building
said furniture, followed by several more hours re-arranging the study so
it'll all fit.
As a result, I now have a couple of items I want to get rid of:

  - One Brother HL-8D laser printer
  - One tall tower case

The printer needs a little attention.  When I switch it on, it says "05
FUSER MALF" on the LCD display.  I've purchased a refurbished fuser
assembly for it and installed it as best I know how, but I still get the
message.  I don't have time to look into why... if one of you has the
time and knowledge to get it working and can collect it, you're welcome
to it.  I have a receipt for the fuser assembly and also a fresh toner
cartridge.  A small donation would be nice, but I'm more anxious just to
get rid of it.
The case has a rocker switch for the power and I think only a 220W PSU,
but loads of room for expansion.  I used it for ages to house my server,
but that's now moved into a smaller case with a more powerful PSU.  It
will accept a baby-AT format motherboard.
If you're interested, just drop me a line.

Cheers,

JT
--
James Tait, BSc                      |        XMPP: jayteeuk at jabber.org.uk
Programmer and Open Source advocate  |          Mobile: +44 (0)7779 337596