[Sderby] Downloading Suse

Mike Hemstock hemstock at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Sep 18 00:07:25 BST 2005

> I tried to download Suse 9.3 via http://www.opensuse.org.
> All the various mirror sites have a DVD download and x5 CD downloads.
> When I try to download the DVD iso file (4.3 Gigs) it turns out to be only
> 184MB. Am I doing something worng? I have tried several of the mirrors but
> it is the same on all of them.
>
> Ranjit

I've tried a couple of links and they both start downloading OK, but I've
only tried as far as 5MB.  What program are you using to download the ISO?
 Internet Exploder tends to have a habit of giving up on large downloads.
If you haven't already, I would trying downloaind with a download manager
such as GetRight (www.getright.com).  Also, when you have downloaded the
file you can check if it has downloaded properly by checking it's MD5
checksum.  The checksum of the file is included on the download page and
you can use a free piece of software for calculating the checksum of the
file you have downloaded.  If the two numbers match then the file has
downloaded sucessfully.  The software for checking is available at
http://www.md5summer.org.  For more information on MD5 see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5.

Mike.