[Sderby] Linux users

David Bottrill david at bottrill.org
Mon Dec 11 16:43:16 GMT 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 16:23, James Tait wrote:
> David Bottrill wrote:
> > welcome to my inbox, Spamassassin likes this email address and doesn't
> > think it's spam :)
>
> Can't you use sa-learn to teach SpamAssassin that mails from the LUG
> aren't spam?  I'm using SpamAssassin myself on my mail server and so far
> haven't had any false positives -- although I've just had to lower the
> threshold because I was getting quite a few false negatives.

I do run sa-learn although it seems to take may emails to learn, I've also had
to adjust my thresholds down considerably. Currently only Clare's hotmail
address and some legit ebay emails are being caught.
Just a thought, can you whitelist a domain with sa-learn? must RTFM.

david at bottrill.org
www.bottrill.org
Registered Linux user number 330730