[Sderby] Spam Assassin

Andre Hefer andre.hefer at avhservices.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 17:57:58 BST 2006

Mike
On Mon, May 22, 2006 23:52, Mike Hemstock wrote:
> Can anyone suggest any alternatives to spamassassin?  It's a nice piece of
> kit, but being based on PERL it's really slow.  I'm using spamd and it's
> still slow.  Any ideas how to speed it up or any alternatives that are any

To speed up spamassassin use the following procmail rule

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
< * 256000
| spamc
... rest as normal

This does two things (a) it stops it scanning files over 256K (very few
are spam) and (b) spamd calls a compiled C program (spamc) which is much
quicker than the perl code (spamassassin).

Hope that helps.

Andre