[Sderby] The future of SDerby LUG

mike at csits.net mike at csits.net
Sat Nov 4 06:07:37 GMT 2006

Folks,

The LUG has been quiet for a very long time, however it now seems to be
slowly coming back to life.  To this end I'm hoping to shack things up a
bit.  This thread it basically a chance to get some ideas together and to
put a bit of structure into the LUG.  Naturally LUGs are very informal,
however, without any kind of heirachy or however it is spelt, everyone
tends to sit around waiting for someone else to do something!  To this end
my first question is: does anyone want to volenteer to step up to the
position of LUG master?  This basically involves coorindating the LUG,
collecting ideas, organising, etc, etc, basically just energising the
whole thing.

Secondly, we could do with an update to the website.  The design still
looks very good but the content needs updating.  Is our orgininal web
designer still on the list?  Does anyone want to volenteer to supply
content for the site?  Does anyone want to supply ideas for content for
the site?

Thirdly, does anyone want to take over managing the mailing list?  This
doesn't really involve an awful lot.  Occasionally you have to sort out
managing users.  Mostly you just need to look in on the spam filters to
make sure peoples messasges aren't getting trapped.

Finally, does anyone want to chip in any ideas for where they see the LUG
going?  Do we need more meetings?  More events?  Open Forum!  Go shout!

Mike.