[Sderby] Lexmark XSane drivers for Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

Tim Retout tim at retout.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 23:58:51 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 23:15 +0000, Steve Tickle wrote:
> I've just recently got myself a Lexmark Z1250 Printer/Scanner. I've got
> the printer side of things working using the Z600 driver (I don't know
> if this is the optimum driver or not but it'll do for now) and would now
> like to get the scanner working under XSane. Could anyone point me
> towards a suitable driver/backend? I'm running Ubuntu 6.06 LTS. I've
> searched Synaptic for "Lexmark" but haven't come up with anything so far.

I think the 'Z1250' is more usually known as the 'X1250'.

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-LEXMARK

Although it's not mentioned explicitly, you might manage basic scanning
support with the 'lexmark' backend, which should be in the libsane
package.

If that doesn't work, then you will need to reverse engineer a
driver. :)

--
Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk>