[Sderby] Another beginner question

R Verma rv3000 at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 22 02:08:35 GMT 2006

Hi

As a beginner I am still going through a very steep learning curve. I have
successfully set up PCLinuxOS on a stand alone machine. Two questions:
1. I can't get my wireless card to work. It recognizes it as
TNETW1130(ACX111) but it does not seem to work. I had to install and plug in
a wired 10/100 card and it is working fine through my switch and router.
2. There are several PCs running on a Windows workgroup and connected to the
Internet via a single Linksys router. The Linux machine is also connected to
the same switch and using this router. How can I get the Linux machine to
'see' the Windows machines on the workgroup?

Ranjit

P.S. Previously I was struggling with refresh rates and display when I
installed Ubantu. That distro seemed to recognize my wireless card at
installation and it worked fine. Setting up the nvidia drivers was a
challenge but I like the PCLinux distro better.