[Sderby] New Boy Needs Help

Steve Warren sj.warren at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 17 22:21:01 BST 2006

Hi, my name is Steve and I am a complete novice when it comes to linux.

I have had Suse 10.1 for a while from Linux Format magazine, I currently
dual boot with windows XP.

I am trying to install some software namely Superkaramba and trying to
get my wireless USB Adaptor to work. My hardwired broadband works fine.

I have just received a copy of Ubuntu and I am considering swapping to
that. Is that any easier to configure than the Suse? I prefer the look
of the Suse 10.1.

Can anybody recommend a good book or website that goes through a
step-by-step type of layout for a complete novice?

cheers,
Steve