[Sderby] Weekend of 28-29/4/07

Mike mike at csits.net
Sat Apr 21 04:24:59 BST 2007

Folks,

BlackKitty and I will be in the area of Derby over the weekend 28-29th April, 2007.

We will be arriving Friday and attending the pub meeting at the Bab.

If anyone is interested in getting CAcert assured, BlackKitty and I are both assurers.  If you don't know about CAcert, essentially it is a Web of Trust that allows you to get SSL certificates signed.  You need to produce some ID (preferably a passport AND photocard driving licence) and present it to an assurer who will give you points.  The more points you have, the more things you can get signed (clients certs, server certs, GPG keys, etc).  Please read up on it at www.cacert.org.  Then if you want to get assured, create an account at www.cacert.org, download and fill in the WoT form, bring the form and your ID to the Bab and ask BlackKitty and I really nicely to assure you.  Ideally we'd like to see a passport AND photocard driving licence.  If you can't produce this, you will need as much ID as possible and a very good excuse.

If you turn up without having created an account at www.cacert.org, I will poke you in the eye.

If you turn up without a filled in WoT form, BlackKitty will poke you in the eye.

If you turn up without any ID, we will both poke you in the eye.

We will also be happy to do GPG signing.  Please let us know if you are game for this as we have to distribute fingerprints before the event to make things easier.

Any question?

Mike.