[Sderby] Bluetooth on Ubunty Edgy

Steve Tickle steve.tickle at clara.co.uk
Sun Mar 4 17:43:04 GMT 2007

Hello all,

I've just been out and bought an El Cheapo Bluetooth USB dongle to see
if I can get it working under Ubuntu Edgy.

Bottom line is I can.... well at least all the devices are found and it
will communicate with my phone (sort of) so that bit's fine. What I'm
actually struggling with is getting the two devices to exchage PIN codes
so that they can establish a connection.

My phone asks me to enter a PIN but then times out virtually immediately
before I can enter anything on my Ubuntu box and in any case, I don't
get prompted to enter the reply anywhere anyway.

Any clues as to what I need to have installed in the way of apps and
also whether I need to tweak the Bluetooth config files further?

MTIA
--
Steve