[Sderby] Assistance request

Williams Alan Alan.Williams at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 29 21:02:55 GMT 2008

Hi

Hope I am correct in sending this e.mail...otherwise oops

I have joined the S Derby LUG to ask if anyone can assist with the settings for a wireless router. Currently I run Suse (9.1 I think) at home and am conencted via a wired Voyager 205 Router. I wish to connect via a BT 1800 HG Wireless Router though have not been able to yet.

When I have connected the ethernet, power and telephone cables my ISP (PlusNet) can "see" my router and I can connect to the BT 1800 HG Router via an IP address though I am not able to connect to external web pages (e.g. www.bbc.co.uk).

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Alan

Alan Williams
Lecturer - University of Nottingham
School of Nursing (Derby)
Derbyshire Royal Infirmary
DERBY  DE1  2QY
01332 347141 Office x2462 or Reception x2459