[Sderby] Installing flash player 10.

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 8 12:23:13 UTC 2009

2009/6/8 claire spencer <claireflur at yahoo.com>:
> Hi John,
>
> That seems helpful. I looked in the Synaptic package manager, and flash
> player 10 is there along with Flash player 9.

If flash 10 is already in synaptic manager then there is probably no
need to download directly from adobe in the first place and you may as
well install from there.

> Is it possible to remove 9
> from there,

I don't use ubuntu myself so can't guarentee but I would imagine it
will do the same.

> and then install 10? And is the command you gave to install 10
> as it is written or do I have to specify what package?

You need to specify the package name. For example if you download the
package to /home/claire/Download you would run something like:

dpkg -i /home/claire/Download/install_flash_player_10_linux.deb

Let me know if you have any problems. If necessary i can probably find
a copy of ubuntu to install in virtualbox to troubleshoot further.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...