[Sderby] Training room

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 20:49:51 UTC 2009

2009/6/9 John Talbut <jt at dpets.co.uk>:
> woodbeez at migster.co.uk wrote:
>>
>> We have a customer who is asking if we know of a training room with at least ten Linux-based PCs in the Derby / South Derbyshire area available for hire.
>>
>> Can anyone help with this query?
>>
> www.badagry.co.uk in Coalville were talking about setting up a training room.
> They could maybe be persuaded to install Linux (partitions) on their machines.
>
> John

Depending on what kind of training you were hoping to do you could
also widen your options by considering Linux LiveCDs or bootable
memory sticks. That would enable you to run Linux on just about any pc
(including Windows machines) without the need to make any changes or
installing over existing operating systems/software. That would allow
just about any location with several pcs to serve as a training room.
The same idea applies to running Linux within a Virtual Machine like
VirtualBox (www.virtualbox.org).

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...