[Staffs] ADSL group for voluntary group

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 3 12:57:36 GMT 2006

Hello,

Anyone within easy reach of Stafford looking to do a good turn? ;-)

Before the end of the MOST project, we supplied some kit
to a small voluntary group in Stafford. The group did not at
the time have broadband.
Now they have ADSL, and a USB ADSL modem which is non-trivial
for a new computer user to configure for GNU/Linux - e.g.:
http://www.linux-usb.org/SpeedTouch/ubuntu/
[They have a laptop running Ubuntu Dapper.]

It would actually be better for them to have an ethernet router
of course. :-/
Does anywhere in Stafford sell them at appropriate (GBP20-ish)
prices? Does anyone have a spare since upgrading to wireless?

I can't get out to Stafford for the next couple of weeks. Is anyone
local able to help them with a short visit?
Please let me know if you can, and I'll send the contact details
off-list.

Cheers,

 - Richard

btw I've sent this to the staffs[dot]lug list, as well as staffslug,
just in case there is anyone subscribed to the former [which has
had no posts for 5 months] but not the latter.

--
Richard Smedley,                                         Richard at sc.lug.org.uk
Sustainable IT Consultant,