[StAndrews and Fife LUG] Re: Linux newbie seeks help.

Shaun Moran standrews at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 14 21:08:01 2003

Hi  David, Bib and Brian,

Thanks for the warm welcome and quick response.

I managed to get a hold of a demolinux disk which I imagine is a long the
same idea as Knoppix , David  -so I have managed to dip my toes in pretty
quickly.

Think I am going to go with Suse, the large manual seems like a good idea. I
will let you know how I get on, although I am wondering now about a single
boot sytem as Brian recommends.

No doubt I will be calling out for help pretty quickly.

Cheers

Shaun

Ps Brian have you got all the Linux books out of Dunfermline library ;-)