[StAndrews and Fife LUG] Offline IMAP

David Tillotson standrews at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 25 23:38:00 2003

In message <1061816966.2f964307ba1b6@webmail.nx14.com>, Stuart McCulloch
Anderson <stuart@nx14.com> writes
>Hi,
>  Anyone of a program that can download imap mail in the background? I've for
>fetchmail running now but i only downloads my inbox and i have about 7-8 other
>folders with mailin them i'd like it to download?
> I tryd using evolution or Kmail but they both download the headers of the mail
>and only download the body when im trying to read it, which is no good for
>offline reading.

IMAP is an on-line only protocol (or was when conceived!)
To be honest, IMAP syncing should be possible in most mail clients. I
know that Mozilla works (with some tweaking of the options), and I would
have thought that Evolution could do it!
IIRC mailsync was available as a "syncing proxy" - Yep, Google just
confirmed it: http://mailsync.sourceforge.net/
HTH
--
David Tillotson