[StAndrews and Fife LUG] Linux - Mandrake

bbd standrews at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Mar 17 08:13:01 2003

having managed to get the WinXP system connected and running I know find
that Mandrake and the Alcatel modem can't recover after a boot and I lose
the connection.  the only way I seem to get is to remove the modem.
reconfigure the connections, reboot, add the modem, reconfigure network
connections.  linux and/or the modem seems to hang up after a while.

3 or 4 times this week I've had to do that and it takes hours to recover the
problem. so I've had to go back onto Win XP and look for plan B.

regards brian