[Fife Linux Users Group] Meeting Marketing

John A Thomson of Roundtrip Solutions Limited john at roundtripsolutions.com
Thu Aug 4 23:04:43 BST 2005

Hi Barrie,

>>>If hell exists and I go there, Sage will be waiting for me.

If we are really lucky, the 99.9% of accountants who pimp it for Sage will
be there as well :-).

Sage sucks IMHO! Much prefer Quickbooks, although that does have some issues
as well.

I can't wait for the MS Small Business Accounting solution. Not because I
think it will be any better, but because they will likely bundle it into
Office and ensure that many businesses abandon Sage. At last some
competition that Sage can't buy up :-).

Are there any decent Linux accounting packages that are compliant with
British accounting rules and practices?

Many thanks and regards

John A Thomson
BTech - PgDip - IEng - MBCS - MIIE - CSM

Managing Director

Roundtrip Solutions Limited
15 Freuchie Mill, Freuchie, Cupar, Fife KY15 7JL
t: 01337 858826  f: 01337 858794
john at roundtripsolutions.com
http://www.roundtripsolutions.com
MSN: john at roundtripsolutions.com
Skype: roundtripsolutions

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0531-3, 04/08/2005
Tested on: 04/08/2005 23:03:57