[Fife Linux Users Group] Full Data Dump

David Tillotson pinky at acmelabs.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 16:26:58 BST 2005

Chase wrote:

> Hay, all
>   Im trying to get a nice easy backup script working. Zeedo talked
> about  somthing at the meeting but ken now i gone and forgot! So i
> started  writing my own. Does anyone know how to get a MySQL dump of a
> database,  without having to type and thing in to any prompts? its
> gona be for a  automated script, so i can have it asking me for a
> users password!
>   Cheers all

Are you planning for the script to be run from sh/cron, or a web-based one?
For the former, you could do worse than
http://blogs.linux.ie/xeer/2005/06/28/simple-mysql-backup/, while for
the latter I would suggest http://www.linuxgazette.com/node/9614

BTW - Nice to see someone else using Opera, now that it's free (that's
as in beer)! :-P