[Fife Linux Users Group] Application Recommendations?

Gilbert admin at sharpnet.co.uk
Sun Apr 30 13:21:34 BST 2006

John

On Sunday 30 April 2006 10:51, John A Thomson of Roundtrip Solutions Limited
wrote:
> Morning All,
>
> Moving things along ....
>
> I'm sure there will be some religious wars in the answers. Naming the
> application will be enough as this is a simple straw-poll.
>
> What are you're preferred applications for:
>
> 1. Web browsing
> Firefox?

Opera the reason I like it is that it does not keep recording every single
typed inputs, only the user/pass (i.e. when a password input field is
present)

> 2. Email
> Thunderbird?

Kontact (I use Kubuntu)

> 3. News Aggregator inc RSS & Atom support
>

> 4. IM Client
>

> 5. Bit Torrent Client
>

> 6. Media Players

Xine, AmaroK, xmms, Real Player Helix

> 7. Dare I ask.... AV or don't we bother since the virus writers only write
> Windows apps!?!

Whassat?? :-P

--
Gilbert Serex