[Fife Linux Users Group] Application Recommendations?

Barrie Dempster barrie at reboot-robot.net
Mon May 1 14:27:08 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 14:14 +0100, John A Thomson of Roundtrip Solutions
Limited wrote:
> Hi Gilbert,
>
> I've had Evolution crash so many time in the last day that it isn't true. It
> won't even download more than a couple of pop email address without crapping
> out! Even Outlook 2003 can manage that without an issue ;-).
>
> I will be looking for another Exchange client, me thinks!

It shouldn't crash that much, it's about as stable as Outlook when you
are using it with Exchange, otherwise it should be fairly reliable.
There aren't any other mail clients I know of that work with Exchange.

I just sync my PDA with the mail server and use that for sending
Exchange mail. On occasions where I need to write lengthy mails I'll use
OWA. (I'd do the same if I was using Windows)

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

              - http://reboot-robot.net -

"He who hingeth aboot, geteth hee-haw" Victor - Still Game