[Fife Linux Users Group] CARoot

John A Thomson of Roundtrip Solutions john at roundtripsolutions.com
Mon May 1 21:45:40 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 20:38 +0100, Barrie Dempster wrote:

        Absolutely great idea, I plan to become an assurer my self as
        soon as I

>         get round to gathering the required assurances from others. Anything
>         that promotes cacert.org is fine by me.

Yeah me too! Looked at this a while back and thought it was a cool
concept. Now that I've got Kubuntu and Evolution that might need a
little revisit. It would only take one of us to become an assurer to
kick things off!

However, I had problems with using CACert certs with Outlook. Spoke to
Barrie and James about this at a past FLUG meeting, at which time they
also had similar experiences. Is there still a problem with that?

Does anyone know any of the current assurers? I'm going to be down in
Reading in June so it might be an opportunity to get assured by someone
local to that area!

Many thanks and regards

John A Thomson
Managing Director

Roundtrip Solutions Limited
15 Freuchie Mill, Freuchie, Cupar, Fife KY15 7JL
Tel: +44 (0)1337 858826
w: Roundtrip Solutions Website  b: Roundtrip Solutions Blog