[Fife Linux Users Group] Ubuntu Discussion w/Paul Sladen tomorrow

John A Thomson of Roundtrip Solutions Limited john at roundtripsolutions.com
Tue May 9 17:34:41 BST 2006

It doesn't really matter what OS we are using, once we start to want to do
more than switching it on then we're into the pain territory of getting to
know it better.

Even Windows XP HE requires knowledge to secure it down out of the box. This
is why we've got so many Zombied machines out there! I didn't really expect
Linux to be much easier, in fact I'm expecting a little more pain to get to
the same knowledge level as there is all those command line tools and
parameters to explore. A challenge I'm looking forward to. It is those first
tenatative steps when things badly break that I'm not so sure of getting
through without lots of help and assistance from more knowledgable users!

As for Jim's wife.... she's a saint! :-P

Many thanks and regards

John A Thomson

Managing Director
Roundtrip Solutions Limited
15 Freuchie Mill, Freuchie, Cupar, Fife KY15 7JL
t: +44 (0)1337 858 826  -  +44 (0) 131 208 1826
http://www.roundtripsolutions.com

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0619-0, 08/05/2006
Tested on: 09/05/2006 05:34:34 PM