[Fife Linux Users Group] January 2007 Meeting (January 18th, 1900hrs)

James (njan) Eaton-Lee james.mailing at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 04:44:44 GMT 2007

All,

Alright, we haven't had a meeting in a while, so time to usher in the
new year with a drink! As mostly agreed (I think), the third Thursday of
the month is the most mutually convenient date for our regular members,
ie. (for this month) the 18th of January 2007. I think 1900 (seven in
the evening :P) is probably about the right time, as that enables those
of us who take a while to get home from work to make it..

As before, our meeting place is the Harbour Bar in Kirkcaldy - this is
about 5 minutes walk from the center of town (probably 10-15 from the
railway station), down the bottom of the high street, and around and on
the left, just down past the Gondola restaurant and sort-of on the
waterfront. It's a nice small quiet-ish intimate pub, and they have some
fairly nice beers as well as tablespace if anyone feels like bringing
laptops or other things of interest for show-and-tell... More about the
pub here:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/16/16179/Harbour_Bar/Kirkcaldy

And, with a picture:

http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/brewery/292

I've already heard from one new LuG attendee, so we might even transcend
the usual pattern of a handful of the usual suspects having a drink
together! :) Newcomers, as always, are most welcome! If you're a list
lurker, please please consider coming along - we're quite friendly
really, and you might even get a free drink about it ;)

Any questions / suggestions, feel free to give me a shout. In order to
maintain my reputation as the LuG windows user, I'll bring a copy of
Windows Vista with me for people to look at, in case anyone's interested :P

  - James.

--
   James (njan) Eaton-Lee | UIN: 10807960 | http://www.jeremiad.org

   "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three
   elements: Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." - G'Kar

  https://www.bsrf.org.uk | ca: https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3