[StALUG] NEoN Debate - Digital Freedom

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 25 20:34:53 UTC 2010

 Hi All,

I am just letting you know about an event in Dundee tomorrow night.

Our final debate will look at digital freedom and will ask actually what
does that statement mean or should mean? And do people know how to protect
their freedom in a digital age?

As the digital age transforms society we become use to greater democracy and
transparency but when they come under attack, who defends them? How do we
negotiate the issues of freedom of expression and creativity on something as
complex as the Internet?  Join an expert panel, including Tim Dobson from
the group Digital Freedom in Education and Youth, to discuss digital
freedom.

Venue: *Generator*Projects, 25 Mid Wynd Ind Est., Dundee
Date: 26th October 2010
Time: 6pm – 8pm

Free entry
Donna Holford-Lovell
Cultural Projects Officer

Institute of Arts, Media & Computer Games
White Space, University of Abertay Dundee
DD1 1HG. Tel: 0044 (1)382 308 777
www.abertay.ac.uk/exhibitions

08 - 14 November 2010

http://www.northeastofnorth.com/