[StALUG] Happy Wednesday

Stuart McCulloch Anderson stuart-stalug at nx15.me.uk
Sat Jun 27 07:53:48 UTC 2020

TLDR;

IRC channel  - #stalug on Freenode.net
Matrix Room  - #stalug:nx15.uk
Mastodon Acc - @stalug at mastodon.scot

Full Reply;

I definitely think we should be thinking about in person meet-ups and
like the idea of mixing talks with workshops. Obviously that would have
to wait for further lock-down easements.

I think while we're waiting on things to ease up we could focus on our
digital presence and increase. I'm conscious if anyone in the area is
looking for a group they start online anyway.

My day job is nothing to do with computers which I find gives me the
outsiders prospective. Keeping things online FOSS isn't always
possible, sadly, to some point you need to go where the eyeballs are.
That said, I still think we should stick to FOSS where ever possible.

To that end the, IRC channel is setup at #stalug on Freenode, but I've
also setup a Matrix bridge. So if you don't want to use IRC you can
join the room from at #stalug:nx15.uk - which is what I do since I
can't find a decent mobile IRC client.

Micro blogging is also a good way to increase engagement and I thought
Mastodon instead of Twitter (for obvious reasons) - @
stalug at mastodon.scot

===
Stuart McCulloch Anderson