Mailman (was Re: [Sussex] Fwd: [Announce] IMPORTANT: Mailing List Change)

Neil Ford neil at smudgypixels.net
Fri Aug 23 10:50:01 UTC 2002

On 23/8/02 10:43 am, "Geoff Teale" <Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk> wrote:

> T'was written by Neil:
> ======================
>> (If we could get Geoff to add it before his company's
>> disclaimer we'd be
>> totally sorted :-) )
>
> I can do that if you wish.  I'm happy to end all my emails with a line of
> minuses if it means you guys don't have to suffer that huge chunk of cr at p at
> the end of my e-mails!!
>
> Geoff

Not a line of minuses, just minusminusspace "-- ". This is the accepted
standrad sig seperator (heck, even MS Entourage recognises it!).

It's not that we don't have to suffer it, it just means that most good mail
clients won't include anything after the seperator in any replies.

Neil.
--
Neil Ford
neil[at]smudgypixels[dot]net