[Sussex] RE: [Sussex] Dominic's Laptop

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Mon Dec 2 09:38:00 UTC 2002

> >Change Horizontal Sync to 35-70.
>
> I continued to alter this on Saturday to try and improve the
> screen rez.
> Eventually I settled for 65-75 giving me a fairly crisp
> 1280x1024 screen on
> my laptop.  I know that I can get 1400x1050 in winXP, but
> that'll have to
> come later.

That's fine.  It was guess work on my part because your laptop manual only
gives a vertical update speed for the screen (LCD's don't work quite like
CRT's).

If you want 1400*1050 simply add it onto the comma seperated list for 24bit
modes in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

If it doesn't work it will automatically drop down to the 1280x1024 mode.

> Much thanks to Geoff for losing sleep on Friday night :)

Any time Dominic.

--
GJT
geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company