[Sussex] DPKG-GET

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Thu Dec 5 11:16:00 UTC 2002

Geoff

On 5 Dec 2002 Geoff Teale wrote:
> I left that one especially for you.  BTW monster is now a Debian box and
all
> wired up for clustering.  Although I must put an ORB on it as a priority.
> I've decided to test the assumption that ORB's can interoperate seamlessly
> by setting up TAO on the main machine and omniORB on monster.  CORBA seems
> pretty easy really, not as simple as COM+ but much more sensible and
powerful.

The ORBs should interoperate (sep if they're running the same IIOP version).

If you really wantted to show the power of CORBA don't run two C++ ORBs.
Use one of the Ada, COBOL, Object COBOL, ... as well as the C++.  There
are a number of Java ORBs (Sun bundle on in their JRE, and there are others
out there for no-cost to Open Source projects).

>       _________________________________
>      / _______________  ______  ______/\
>     / /\_____________/ /\____/ /\_____\/
>    / / / __   __    / / /   / / /
>   / / / / /\ / /\  / / /   / / /
>  / /_/_/ / // /_/_/ / /   / / /
> /_______/ //_______/ /   /_/ /
> \_______\/ \_______\/    \_\/

How's been playing with the ascii paint-box :-)
Like it

Steve

The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be
privileged.  Unauthorised access and use is prohibited.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore this Company does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Claybrook Computing Limited is a subsidiary of Claybrook Computing
(Holdings) Limited
Registered Office: Abbey House. 282 Farnborough Road, Farnborough,
Hampshire GU14 7NJ
Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company