[Sussex] Decent e-mail client?

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Fri Dec 13 20:51:00 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I've been quiet for a long time (due to new romance & a lot of
concerts). However, I have still been getting to know Debian,
albeit more slowly than I originally planned.

My grand master plan is to migrate from Windows completely (the
only thing that might prevent this is if my favourite music
score-writing package won't work well in WINE).

I have been using Spruce as an e-mail client, but it seems to
have died on me, so I have had to ressurect Balsa, which is fine
as long I remember that I must *never* miniaturise it or I have
to kill it before it comes back again.

I would use Mozilla, but this 200 MHz box struggles terribly with
it, so I use Opera for surfing (not Open, but it works well).
I've never found an e-mail client with which I am truly happy.
Any suggestions?

I am still using Debian Potato (2.2r4), although I shall get
Woody soon, as long as the system requirements haven't changed
dramatically.

BTW: If any suggested clients come as .deb packages, then great.
I've not yet compiled anything.

Good to see the list positively buzzing & I hope to be able to
make a meeting or 2 in the New Year.

Gavin.