[Sussex] Newbie

Dominic Clay dominic.clay at europrospectus.com
Mon Dec 16 15:27:00 UTC 2002

Welcome Chris,

>I have installed it Suse 8.1) on my network at home

You'll find many and various distros discussed on the list, with perhaps a
leaning towards one or two?  :)

>and am currently struggling with how to integrate it with an Active
Directory network.

Yep, I can believe that...  Without much experience, does AD expose an LDAP
style interface?

>Oh, yes, and it freezes periodically, and I'm at a loss to know where to
look.

If you are talking about an X environment then I'm sure these guys can sort
you out.  Personaly I am still not as convinced as some that we have a
version of X that should be thought of as any more than a plaything.

IMHO - The power of Linux, is not via the start bar...

>Still, early days yet, and I'm determined to reduce the school's reliance
upon Windows.

I'm sure you can and we would all be pleased to see it happen!

Dominic