[Sussex] Success, well almost...

Dominic Clay dominic.clay at europrospectus.com
Fri Nov 29 15:53:00 UTC 2002

OK,  So I got dual booting working and thought I was a genius ;)
It all sorta stopped there!
I ran apt-get install kdebase and it went and downloaded X and kde... Great.

But after using xf86config to configure it, I then ran startx and got ... A
squiggly screen that did nothing and then back to  a prompt that had a list
of mouse/font issues, the last of which was:

	fatal server error
	could not open default font 'fixed'

Is there anything else I should do, or should xf86Cconfig have worked under
normal circumstances

Is there anything else I should specifcally look out for?

Cheers,

Dominic