[Sussex] Printer problem - quick help needed

Derek Harding derek at lagham.uklinux.net
Tue Oct 8 11:31:00 UTC 2002

Hi folks,

I installed a Linux server with samba at a client site and connected an HP Laserjet 2100T to the parallel port and a Canon colour BJ to a USB port. The Canon goes fine. The Laserjet, though, regardless of which Linux driver I actually load (and I've tried CUPS and LPRNG daemons) always chucks out an empty sheet at the end of the print job. I've looked for extraneous form feeds in the config etc. but can't find any. Is it on the Doze side, perhaps (the workstations run Win98 and Win95) but I think not because when I connect directly to the Win95 machine it prints OK.

One patient but gowing more irritable customer waits on me fixing it - with your good offices, folks. Any ideas?

--
Best wishes,
Derek