[Sussex] Office Automation

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Sat Oct 12 23:41:00 UTC 2002

> Chaps,
>
> A question for anyone out their with StarOffice / OpenOffice.org
> experience.
>
> What level of scripting support exists in these packages?

See:
http://udk.openoffice.org/

There is scripting support for Java, C, C++ and a python support in Alpha.

Also there is StarBasic, which can access all the parts of openoffice, but
cannot be used to write components. [personally I thought this as VBA]

There is a Python bridge here:
http://polysorbate.org/?work/pyuno

> Is it possible to build applications around Star Office functionality or
> to build plugin applications (i.e Document Management front ends.)?

It should be possible to implement frontends using Java, C & C++, or with
other languages using bridges.