[Sussex] the who/what/why/when of processes ( proc-i ? ;)

dunk fordyce him at dunkfordyce.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 11:29:01 UTC 2002

you'd be amazed how php is coming on!

ive just been looking thru the manual and there is now support for almost everything you would want to do in a non web language. ncurses, gtk, readline....

clearly its not the best language atm for this sort of thing but if speed is not a factor then its a damn fast prototyping language.

"all its components" - you mean the extensions? becasue these can be loaded at runtime and not by default if thats your thang.

it works really nice CLI once you set it to use a different ini file than for web so you remove all the html stuff it dumps around its error messages and such.

not that i despise perl or anything....