[Sussex] Kernels and installs

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew.wallace at interactwiththe.net
Tue Sep 10 10:35:03 UTC 2002

Guys,

I'm perplexed by something...

I fdisked and formatted the HD of my laptop - surely removing all trace of
files etc?

I installed the core linux distro and in the install instructions, it says
you need to compile in the kernel before it will work. (Rolling your own is
fun!)

This all makes sense, however, I didn't compile in the kernel last night,
I've powered it up this morning, and it's sitting there beaming at me quite
happily!

How can this happen if I haven't installed the kernel?

TIA,

Matt

--

       ( o o )              ( o o )