[Sussex] Symbol SDT-1050

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Wed Sep 11 16:14:01 UTC 2002

Joh

> From: Jon Fautley
>
> Anyone know anything about these? Got one for 15 quid off ebay to play
> with, but it seems to do FA... Just says 'Place SDT in cradle', so when I
> so it says 'Waiting for Call'.... hmm
>
> Any advice at all is most appreciated,

This might (only might) help.

I know that Symbol make barcode scanners or various form fit and function.

I saw this on E-Bay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1766260286
Is this the item.  If so its a barcode scanner and you'll need software to
communicate with it to find out what's been scanned. Can't find anything
with
"SDT" or "bar-code scanner with modem" at their site
(http://www.symbol.com).

I don't like to burst your bubble, but I think someone just been dumping
junk
stock on e-bay.  (If it's got a battery someone on e-bay will buy it.)

If you want something to scan barcodes then I would suggest looking out for
one of their re-packaged Palm's with a barcode scanner on the top.  I
managed
to get hold of one here at work.  Quite cool if you go into warehouses with
loads of bar-coded products all over the place.  Other than that it's just a
Palm Pilot with a battery hungry barcode scanner.

The iPac (or what ever HP are calling the PDA) has got a barcode attachment,
but
I haven't played with one of those.