[Sussex] Gentoo moves to RPM

Steve Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 3 13:34:01 UTC 2003

Fair enough, horses for courses. I've got enough spare boxes to give
Debian a go, but Gentoo is going to have to wait. Besides, apt seems a
very convenient way to manage one's distro, and I've not heard anything
bad about it.

Thank you for the extended explanation on the delights of installing
Gentoo by the way; got it running on your new workstation yet? I guess
it wouldn't take long to compile on such a beast.

Steve Williams,
sdp.williams at btinternet.com

"Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more, or close up the wall
with our English dead. In peace nothing so becomes a man as a modest
stillness and humility. But when the blast of war sounds in our ears
imitate the action of the Tiger; stiffen the sinews, conjure up the
blood, disguise fair nature with hard favoured rage. Then lend the eye a
terrible aspect, let it pry through the portage of the head, like the
brass cannon, let the brow overwhelm it as fearfully as doth a galled
rock o'erhang and jutty his confounded base, swilled with the wild and
wasteful ocean. Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide, hold
hard the breath, and bend up every spirit to his full height. On, on,
you noblest English, whose blood is fet from fathers war-proof, fathers
that like so many Alexanders have in these parts from morn till even
fought, and sheathed their swords from lack of argument. Dishonour not
your mothers; now attest that those whom you call fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood, and teach them how to war. And you,
good yeomen, whose limbs are made in England, show us here the mettle of
your pasture; let us swear that you are worth your breeding - which I
doubt not. For there is none of you so mean and base that hath not noble
lustre in your eyes. I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
straining upon the start. The game's afoot! Follow your spirit, and upon
this charge cry "God for King Harry, England and Saint George!"

William Shakespeare,
Henry V - A Warrior King

;-)