[Sussex] JBoss on Gentoo

Dominic dominic.clay at cardinus.com
Thu Apr 3 14:09:00 UTC 2003

GeoffOSX,

As the resident Gentoo guru around here, I direct this at your good self...

I was thrilled to find that JBoss was listed as part of the portage tree!!!!
I found it by doing the following:

tabitha root # emerge search jboss
Searching...
[ Results for search key : jboss ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  net-www/jboss [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 3.0.6
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 20,586 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.jboss.org

tabitha root # emerge -p jboss

Calculating dependencies
!!! all ebuilds that could satisfy "jboss" have been masked.

!!! Error calculating dependancies. Please correct.
tabitha root #

So, I know I have read stuff about masked packages somewhere but, where do I
go from here to install this?

Cheers,
Dominic