[Sussex] Salutations!

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Sun Apr 20 21:33:00 UTC 2003

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 09:02:37PM +0100, Alan Fitton wrote:
> Hi, i just saw the link for this user group in the Linux Magazine (reading
> material to keep some sanity on a stressful weekend away). Until now i have
> been unaware of any Linux users in the area, it's great to see this user
> group. I thought I'd introduce myself :)
Well Salutations to you ,

Usually at this time I publish the weekly rant, but I been busy the last
two weeks so youll excuse the slackwareness <grin>

> I live in Easebourne, just outside of Midhurst.
wow, is that EaseBourne or EastBourne, One  I know is near Newhaven and
the other is a place near a transmitter ?

> I run Slackware 9 which i keep very up-to-date, it's easily the best Linux
> distribution I've come across after using a few versions of RedHat and
Ahhh, because youve not experienced [use] Debian.

> Anyone in Midhurst that hasn't already should head over to
nope its just You.... sorry... those of you in Horsham... head over to
use Debian and experience the new Fusion that is 3aIT.

> On my P4 box I use it as a general purpose desktop
I use my Athlon box as a general purpose CD rack.

> I currently dont know any programming languages, just some very basic perl,
> tcl and bash scripting (none of which really count!).
Then stick to perl, for it is effective and build fruitfulness <grin>

> I look forward to taking part in discussions soon.
Cool, cause Marks been missing a new target ( GDandRLF ) and Dobo and
G'Teale have been quiet since they been holidaying and changing jobs.
Meanwhile Jons been keeping his current car in good shape and Adam has
been admitting to living in Eastbourne and not Newhaven as I so
incorrectly Geocached him ( damn you Jon ) . Oh and I live in Horsham
and run that company that irritates Microsoft cause it sells a service
not a solution.

oh yes and join the cult of Zoe Ball fans!

--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.

apt-get install zoe-ball
 To many unmet dependancies.